Yes, you will need something for your child to play on.  You don’t need to spend a lot of money; an electronic keyboard is fine.  Please make sure that it has weighted keys, that you need to press down to make a sound.  You will also need a sustain pedal.

If you live in the Colac/Otway region of Victoria, we recommend the Roland FP10 Electronic Piano at Toshco Music, 90 Murray Street, Colac (the former Cow Lick Bookshop).

A good selection can be found here at Amazon Australia:

(As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases)

There are often second-hand pianos for sale on Facebook and Gumtree. Make sure they are in good condition and if they are an acoustic piano, have been tuned regularly.